- 1972 - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Ph.D. in Statistics
- 1969 - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, M.S. in Statistics
- Hollins College, B.A. in Mathematics
- I joined the Statistics Department at UTK in September, 1974. Prior to that, I taught Business Statistics at Virginia Tech.
- I have conducted short courses for the UT Evening School, the U.S. department of Labor, Pellissippi State Technical Community College, and Saturn Corp.
- Consulting experience includes the U.S. Department of Labor, Saturn Corp., St. Mary's Hospital, and the Electricity Consumers' Council. In addition, I have served as an Expert Witness in several legal cases.
- Applied Statistics
- Assisting faculty and graduate students with the statistical aspects of their research
- I chair the Executive Committee of the Intercollegiate Graduate Statistics Program.
- Teaching via the Internet and using the Internet to enhance course offerings. I was awarded the Innovations in Teaching Award by the College of Business Administration in April, 2000.
Business Analytics & Statistics ~ 255 Stokely Management Center ~ Knoxville, TN ~ 37996 - 0532
Phone: 865-974-5544 ~ Fax: 865-974-2490 ~ Email:email@example.com